Saturday, May 21, 2011

A Little Bit of Appreciation...

I will admit, grudgingly, that I am not much of a vocal appreciator. I do appreciate everything my husband does for me, I just don't vocalize this so much.

This past week, I did something JUST FOR HIM! :) Although it was something that I enjoy very much, it was all for the intention of my hard working, much deserving, husband. He hasn't had much of a say when it comes to how the house is decorated, what colors the walls got painted, or anything like that. To make up for this, I gave him his OWN space for enjoyment. Even though it was just the hallway, I knew he would love it!

The hallway was one of the places that needed a lot of work in the house.

The hallway started out with carpet and was painted grey when we moved in.


We intended to rip up the carpet, and put hard wood floorings in, but the house had a different idea. The floor underneath was completely rotted out...





















There was a place where we could see the ground underneath the trailer...














So We ripped it ALL UP!






















And THEN we laid down new plywood...






















And after that... the new hard wood flooring was able to be put down! :)




















After the hard wood flooring was done, Brad and I both called it quits for the weekend. Brad left on Tuesday for his work, and didn't come home till Friday night... late. He had no clue I had painted and decorated the hallway for him, so he was very thrilled when he saw it.





























<3 Roz

No comments:

Post a Comment