Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Something smells... Fishy....

Many of you know that I come from a very... "fishy" background. I grew up fishing, took part in fishing competitions around lakes and rivers, as well as grew up on a boat on the river not only fishing, but skiing and tubing as well.

I have always enjoyed "catching" a lot more than fishing. I will be the first to admit that I don't have the patience to sit around and wait for the fish to take my bait, I enjoy catching them, not waiting for them. This weekend I was blessed with another opportunity to go fishing with my long time fishing partner, my father. I really enjoyed being able to spend Sunday afternoon with the hot sun blazing down on us, toes cooled off in the wet sand. Although I only caught a mere 2 bluegill Sunday afternoon, I had a lot of fun watching my sisters, friends, and father all catch pretty nice size fish.

Cassie, Sara, and I always used to visit the Paulina dam, and Sunday we did once again. When I was a kid there would be thousands of tad poles swimming about the sand on the bottom of the creek. You could catch crawdads as well as frogs, tadpoles, and turtles. When we went down there on Sunday we saw nothing but a few minnows and one tadpole. While Cassie and I were climbing around the dam, Sara pointed out a sign that hasn't been there in previous years... This sign read "Keep off Dam". Cassie and I found this kind of funny, so we caught a picture of us on the dam with the sign. Many memories were made on that dam, as well as the rest of Mill Creek Lake in Paulina. The times we went fishing, swimming, hunting, camping, walking the trails. Many memories were made, and I hope many more will be made in years to come.






No comments:

Post a Comment