Saturday, June 20, 2015

Pure Joy

Today I had the privilege to watch my 18 month old toddler run around the streets of town, picking up candy, watching decorated floats and cars drive by, and celebrate Ice Cream Days. I've experienced parades before, plenty of them at the Tulip Festival, but the parade today was so welcoming and friendly. 

I was pleased with how well people in the parade hand out stuff. Equally. Few candy here, few stickers here, etc. Mel had a blast, and we learned that she loves tootsie rolls! I was sceptic about moving 45 minutes from home last fall, and I wouldn't change it for the world now. Today I got to see the true community. Thousands of people came to support the local businesses that were represented in the parade. They came to shop the stores down town, eat food at the family owned restaurants along Main Street. The local businesses participated in the parade to thank their customers and to advertise their community based business. It was awesome seeing this "new community" of ours today. 

I'm so excited to see what's in our future. Brad and I both have jobs we love, we live in a great community, and we have a gorgeous daughter to raise! Melanie is our reason for being here. We do everything FOR Melanie. We don't do it for us, we do it for her, but we love it now that we are where we want to be for the time being. I have a great partner by my side, and I'm excited to experience the future. 

1 comment: