Tuesday, August 21, 2012

10 weeks and Counting!

Saturday afternoon Brad and I made the announcement on Facebook that we are expecting our first child!

We visited the OBGYN last Thursday for our first visit. We were pretty nervous to find out if everything was normal and if the pregnancy was viable or not. :) The doctor did her normal exam and then went on to go through all of the screening tests that are available and explained what was expected within the next 3 weeks before my next visit. At the end of the visit she took out the "Doppler Radar" and was able to locate the heart beat. Brad and I both were pretty excited about that. The little stinker's heart was racing at 172 beats/ min, but the doctor notified us that this was pretty normal at 9 weeks along. We didn't get to have an ultrasound done yet, the clinic we are working with waits until week 20 to do the anatomy ultrasound, so we are anxiously waiting that day!

Today we have reached the 10 week mark. I am officially 1/4 of the way through my pregnancy! I can't believe how fast the time is going. It seems like just last week we found out we were pregnant, and now, here we are, 1/4 of the way through it!

Morning sickness has hit just within the last few days. I was hoping and praying I'd miraculously be able to skip that whole section of the pregnancy, but it caught up with me. =/ I started school yesterday, so it has been kind of a hassle keeping my tummy full with carbs and fluid throughout the day, but I have been managing. The sickness isn't extremely horrific, I just have this constant urge to hurl, even though I haven't yet! :) It's just this constant feeling of "ickyness" in my stomach that just makes me walk around like a zombie (or at least that's how I feel).

Brad and I were both pretty surprised when we found out I was pregnant, but we are both very excited for the future as well. I'm just going to chug through the semester as well as I can and hope and pray that this is a normal pregnancy and that nothing drastic happens when it's not supposed to. It helps that two of Brad and I's best "married" friends are pregnant as well. We are only 6 weeks behind Mike and Tiffany Van Roekel, and 2 weeks behind Matt and Nikita Kleyer. No, the 3 of us did NOT plan our pregnancies all together, it just so happened that the Kleyer's and Van Roekel's were trying to conceive without each other knowing, and then Brad and I "whoopsidentally" got thrown into the bunch! The three of us are all very excited to be pregnant together as we get to share our personal horror stories and excitements throughout the pregnancies. I'm very much looking forward to the holidays when the three of us are all hanging out and, with only one bathroom in the VR's house, I have a feeling all of us will be fighting over the bathroom!

It is a very exciting step in our lives, although it is a very large step, we are looking forward to it none-the-less.

<3 amp="amp" brad="brad" nbsp="nbsp" p="p" roz="roz">

No comments:

Post a Comment