Monday, August 13, 2012

Trip to Tennessee for Interview

Thurday afternoon at 3:15 I left Omaha, NE on my first solo plane ride ever. I was so freaked out about flying on my own, not to mention the fact that I was going to be "interrogated" the next day for 6 hours straight by 7 different superior men who are well established within the company.

My flight to from Omaha to Minneapolis went flawless. We didn't fly very high and I was able to see everything on the ground. We flew over Iowa, I was able to see the interstate, fields, lakes, rivers, towns. It was amazing how much I could see. The clouds were gorgeous as well. We flew just above the level of the clouds, but they were perfect floating marshmellow's up in the sky.



When we landed in Minneapolis I had about an hour and a half until my connection flight. I gathered some food and sat and read for the remaining wait. My flight wasn't until 7:15. The flight ended up being delayed by about 45 minutes, so that put me landing in Nashville around 10:20. We took off to Nashville at our delayed time, and then we landed in Nashville around 10:15. I was informed by PIC that there would be a car waiting upon arrival with me. I walked out to the luggage collection and there, with a big "hollywood movie" sign... "PIC: ROSLYN PUNT". :) I felt famous. :) lol.

I checked into my hotel at 11:00 pm Thursday night. Showered, got settled, and was awake at 6:15 the following am to prepare for a long day of interviews, checked out of my hotel, and got everything packed up and ready to go again.

The interviews went well. It started off at The Cracker Barrel at 7:30 am. My first interviewer took me to breakfast, and after, took me to the main office in Hendersonville, TN. I was then questioned and asked questions to the next 5 interviewers for the morning. At 11:30 another one of the interviewers took me to lunch at a mexican grill, which was very good and filling, and then we returned to the office where I went on to be interviewed by one last person.

The interviews went very very well, I do believe. I was nervous at the beginning, but as I started to relax, I realized that the people were asking very good, concerning questions. I had a nice time getting to meet a bunch of new people and learning about PIC. After the interview, another car came to pick me up from the office where he took me to the airport in Nashville.

My flight from Nashville to Atlanta was delayed by an hour and a half, therefore giving me much needed time to change out of my interview clothes into something more comfortable, and then, I managed to get in some more reading time and was able to relax a little more. My flight to Atlanta was very short, but I was anxious by now to return home. When I landed in Atlanta I had about 45 minutes to get to my next flight. I landed in terminal G and needed to make it all the way to terminal A. I didn't manage to get much time to look around, but I did make it to my gate in time, just so they could delay my flight by another half hour. =/ The plane we were taking back to Omaha had just flown in from the Bahama's and needed to have a "cross country contamination" check done for any foreign animals or diseases.... I guess. :s

When we finally made it onto our plane, and were preparing for take off, they decided that the weather was too harsh for us to take off. So, our plane sat still for another hour, on the runway. We weren't able to turn any electronic devices on, nor take our seat belts off, so it was a long wait. We then took off about 1hr 45 min after we were supposed to and flew through a thunder storm for the first hour of our flight. We weren't allowed to take our seat belts off during the entire flight, and I really needed to use the bathroom. :( It was a miserable flight and we didn't land in Omaha until 11:30. We were supposed to land at 10:15. Brad was kind enough to pick me up from the airport though, and I was able to sleep in the car on the ride home.

The job I interviewed for was a Field Research Technician. I would be traveling anywhere from 3-5 days a week, all commercial flying, and then I'd be spending most of my time between barns collecting data, as well as within pork plants collecting data there as well. It is an awesome job for anyone to take. I'm waiting to hear back from the company as to weather they will offer me the job, or to someone else. I won't be able to start until late December, due to graduation not being until December 20th. But, I still look forward to hearing from them.

<3 nbsp="nbsp" p="p" roz="roz">

No comments:

Post a Comment