Wednesday, September 12, 2012

13 Weeks, 1 Day

Again, Tuesday got away from me and I find myself writing week 13's post a day late. Sorry! :)

This past week has been so SLOW. Brad and I had a check up last week Thursday. All is good. They took my weight and I gained 3 pounds the last 3 weeks. I'm up a total of 9 pounds from my "beginning" weight which we considered as my consistent weight for the last year since I haven't fluxuated much. My Doctor said that a majority of my weight gain is due to water uptake. Baby shouldn't be weighing quite at a half of a pound yet (anywhere from 5-8 oz Dr. said).

As much as I don't want to admit this, my gas gauge seems to be "full" at all times. hehehe. Even Maddie and Shepp have been  turning their noses up at me.... oh well. Doctor said it's normal for one to pass gas more often, so I blame it on the baby! I have also started new cravings within the past week. My largest, most ugliest craving of all though, is a tuna salad sandwich. Ugh. Just typing that makes my mouth water. My doctor has said I need to limit fish intake to 3 oz a week. I've decided this equals about 1/2 of a tuna salad sandwich a week... which doesn't fulfill my craving.

Sleep has started to become... uncomfortable?.... As much as I would love to sleep 20 hours a day and never get out of bed, I find myself restless during the night and not able to find a comfortable position. Having to transition from a belly sleeper to a side sleeper is killing me. My Dr. last week ordered me to start staying up past 930 PM (at the earliest) and trying to stay awake up until 11 even. I have been so tired at night that 730/800 bed times have been normal, but as a result I was waking up at 300/400 in the morning and being restless and done sleeping for the night. I started staying up later and find myself able to sleep up until 500/600 each morning now. The only problem with this is I fall back asleep around 630/645 and my alarm goes off at 700, which puts me back into my tired mode. Whatever! I'm getting used to it. Everyone keeps telling me "this is the transition into NEVER getting another full nights sleep, EVER AGAIN..."...... i don't know if i like hearing this....

Our next appointment isn't until October 1, which is just another regular check up. I'm hoping that I will start feeling squirms and wiggles here within the next couple of weeks. I'm excited for it to start kicking... kind of. But, I'll report up again next Tuesday!

TaTa for Now!

<3 nbsp="nbsp" p="p" roz="roz">

No comments:

Post a Comment