Tuesday, December 25, 2012

28 Weeks and Merry Christmas!!

Well, another week has come and gone and we are officially into Trimester 3!

As time gets closer and closer to Baby Punt's arrival, Mom is getting anxious to figure out a job situation... and to get the baby room started! The nesting stage has officially hit and I am more than ready to start the baby room! We just need to figure out what the career situation is for me. I'm still searching for a job, but am not finding much. I keep applying for different jobs, but the results are usually rejection or they never reply back to me... irritating. Being pregnant is taking a toll on this job search as many employers will see/hear that I'm pregnant and their initial reaction is "oh, so you will be on maternity leave in a few weeks..." ... why yes, yes I will be... what do you want me to do?? NOT take maternity leave and get back to work the day after giving birth!?! I don't think so!

The back and hip pain is still present in my life... and not getting any better. Friday night, after work, I slipped on the ice and took a hard tumble onto my right hip.. a few bruises later and the lack of bearing weight on it, it's still killing me. I'm seeing the Dr. on Friday, so we are hoping that she will have some suggestions for me. I've tried stretching it, using a heating pad, tylenol... nothing is working. I am guessing that it's a nerve that is being pinched because the pain isn't constant... it's only when I step in a certain direction or twist wrong.. So I do anything possible to avoid that. I'm hoping to see a chiropractor this coming week also to help get some cracks and pops out of the way... I feel like I'm 90... and I'm only 22... hehe.

Brad and I are looking forward to the arrival of Baby Punt more and more every day. We are starting to stock up on clothes, and received a TON for Christmas! I am excited to start playing "dress up" :) and taking lots of pictures! Maddie and Shepp are also starting to transition into "cuddlers" as they have realized that mama is spending more and more time on the couch lounging... which gives them more opportunity to crawl up and snuggle with me. :) They even have started sleeping in bed with me... Not sure how long that will last, but for the last couple of nights it's been welcomed by both Brad and I! :)

Overall Christmas has been a wonderful catch up time with the family. Even though the day is only partially over, we are exhausted. It's nap time here for the Punt's. We opened gifts and shared stories and laughs. Tis the Season. 

Merry Christmas to All. We hope everyone has a great time with their family and friends, and that travels are safe and secure!

Merry Christmas from the Punt's!! 



No comments:

Post a Comment