Monday, November 8, 2010

Just Sayin'...

Have you ever been afraid to express your true feelings face to face, but when ur put behind a computer screen... it all goes flying out. Have you ever clammed up when face to face with a fight with your significant other, but when it comes to texting... it all streams out without a second thought.

Well, I am one of these people. When it comes to an argument with my husband, I clam up. I do not like fighting.. but... give me my cell I have no problem letting him know how I feel. There's just something about media these days that make expressing ourselves so much better. I'm more of one of those "If you can't say something nice... don't say nothin' at all" (Thumper from Bambi) kind of people. I clam up. When it comes to new people, I would never thing of saying something embarassing. Most people don't share their personal feelings, issues, or ideas with strangers, or people you aren't comfortable around. Would you walk up to a stranger and say... "Hey, I haven't shaved my legs in 3 weeks. I feel like a gorilla.".... I know I sure as heck wouldn't.

At Iowa State we have a news paper called the "Iowa State Daily". Every   EVERY student on campus reads the daily, and i can guarantee that over 1/2 of the student population, including some instructors, will admitt that the "Just Sayin' " section is their favorite. Its amazing some of the things people share... when they know you have no clue who they are. Its like walls of  "One way glass" are put up around them. They can watch people laugh/ respond to their quotes, but we have no clue who they are.

Here are a few prime examples.

From the Just Sayin' out of the Daily....

1) "I hate how my weekend plans are defined by how much I stocked up on "Free Condom Wednesday"...
2) "To my UV neighbors, please stop making the bed squeak when I'm trying to sleep. I CAN hear you. At least get some WD40 for your bed."
3) "To My Roommate: Ive started sleeping naked. I like th way it feels and I don't plan on stopping."
4) "To my roommate who is too cool to move her shampoo off the shower floor when she is done showering: Hope you like washing with shampee. Just sayin'."
5) "To the guy down the hall-- i love having sleepovers with you and I wonder if your girlfriend reads this. just sayin'."

Just to ramble off a few.

Hope you enjoy.
<3 Roz

No comments:

Post a Comment