Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Uncommon Realizations...

Today I have been strangely focused on things I'm thankful for. Sure, with it being "thankful month" you'd say this is a pretty common thought on peoples minds through the past few weeks, and the few weeks yet to come. Well... I'd say its pretty common too, but for me today has been all about things I'm usually taking for granted.

I woke up this morning and was instantly thankful for my dogs. Although they were the reason for my awakening, let alone my much enjoyed peacefull morning but instead loud, obnoxious, and annoying, I was thankful for their warm kisses and excited jumps to see me. Usually I'm yellin' at them for chewing up another pair of shoes, or pooping/peeing on the carpet, or chasing the cat, but today, I was thankful for them. Their cute furry faces, the way their always excited to see me, the way their always there for me when Brad is gone. They keep me company, and I take it for granted ooooh too much.

I continued on my day with getting ready for school. I went and threw my clothes in the dryer to warm them up. Although our house is FREEZZZZZZZZZZING due to the lack of a working furnace, I'm thankful for a dryer. Being able to wake up in the morning and put on warm clothes, allowing the shivers to be replaced by relaxation and happyness.... heaven. I never have thought of the dryer as a blessing, but the last few weeks, it sure has been, and I am thankful for that.

Next up: school. Blaaaahhhhh, Ugh, Do I have to?: The first thoughts on my mind every single stinking day of the week. Not today. Usually I take for granted the continuing education I am allowed to maintain, today I am ecstatic to be able to fulfill my dream. I'm excited to be able to come here, when so many other American's can't afford it or can't maintain the stress. Today I was excited to come to school where I can see my friends and fellow "college mates" (not really class mates since all my classes consist of freshman, sophomores, juniors, seniors, and even some super seniors). I was excited to come to school today and go through my 6 hours of endless labs, classes, homework, and everything else that a typical Wednesday consists of. But, as hypocritical as this may sound: I get to school and my Lab was canceled. I was happy. :s Hypocritical? yea yea I know. But I was thankfull I didn't have to sit through a miserable 2 hour lecture about replacement gilts and what different body aspects to look for. Yes. I know. Hypocritical and rude, but usually I'd be ticked off that I didn't get an email about a canceled 8:00 lab; usually I'd think: I could have slept in another 2 hours instead of being stuck at school until 10 for my next lab. Not today. Today I took advantage and wrote this blog and did the rest of my homework for the day.

The last blessing: work. I started a 2nd job a few weeks back and its just a few hours here and there. I work the concession stands for athletic games. This past week I have been highly frustrated with them because they told me they needed help and to call them and say I'd work. Did that. They told me they don't need help. Frustrating. But, they called me back and said they still need me. I'm thankfull for a job that Im able to maintain during school and being able to have a personal life. I'm also thanful for my job at the Vet school and being able to maintain knowledge for the years to come that I am going to be spending there (hopefully).

Well, I hope you count your blessings.
Have a great Thanksgiving Month

<3 Roz

No comments:

Post a Comment