Friday, May 24, 2013

Dutch Circus...

Last week my bestie from the East decided to come and visit me one last time before we were both swamped with the summer heat and working full time. She took an internship in SE Iowa and will be over 6 hours away from me for nearly 5 months. We both decided this weekend was a good time for her to come visit me and get a feel for my new home here in NW Iowa.

Laura came to visit me Thursday afternoon. She even helped me for a few hours at work putting up some more calf pens, feeding babies, and helping me do some other random stuff I had to get done. I took the day off Friday and we BOTH slept in for a change... which was very nice, might I add.

After we slept in and chilled around for a few hours, we headed off to Sioux Center where Laura applied for an internship for next summer with Central Vet. She starts vet school at ISU next fall and is looking for an internship to assist her in her studies next summer. We then hit up Rock Valley because she needed to get measured for a bridesmaids dress, which was a fairly short, sweet, and too the point event. We also hit up the second hands store there in town, and I bought myself a new pair of jeans!

We then hit up the "amazing" Kelly's drive in in Hospers for some quick lunch and headed off to my dads house to grab my camera and head out to the dutch circus. Laura had never experienced the Tulip Festival before, so it was quite the culture shock for her. We walked around down town a little bit, caught up with my younger sister Cassie, then headed off to Missy's house for a "Straberrita" before the parade. Dad showed up and we all headed off to the parade. Laura and I split a Gobblestop Turkey Shop turkey leg, a caramel apple, and grabbed some water. After that We headed off to our house, where everyone was getting together for a fun evening.

A few drinks later, and hitting the bed at 11:30, I was shot. I had to work last weekend, and Saturday AM was QUITE interesting... me on 4 hours of sleep... NOT pretty. Lol. Needless to say, I took a couple of hours off in the afternoon for a nap! :) Laura left Saturday after I cooked her breakfast. She had a wedding to attend in Des Moines, so she headed out somewhat early in the day.

Saturday night, Matt and Nikita came home for the last Tulip Festival parade, and we all met up. It was a bitter-sweet meeting as the Kleyer's had their 2 month old baby along with them. Evyn was due just 2 weeks before Paige was. Ally, Evyn, and Paige would all have been 8 weeks apart, and they would all have been great friends! I'm not going to lie, it nearly killed me to see two of our closest friends and their husbands show off their adorable little girls to friends and family that walked past them at the tulip festival. It hurt to watch the two of them talk about their daughters and the quirks and specialties that motherhood has brought to their lives. Just hearing them talk about the habits/actions of their little girls made me wish SO bad that I could join in the conversation. I felt really bad, but eventually I just had to walk away. I walked over to the guys and joined into their conversation... which wasn't as interesting as learning about silly things that Alli and Evyn had done or do, but it kept my mind off of the hurt that was slowly sneaking back up to my chest.

It's hard. It's been hard, it'ts going to be hard, and it will always be a memory of the past. But. I look forward to the day where I can meet another Baby Punt. I will cherish that child so much more due to the past experiences, and stories I have heard from our friends. I cannot wait to experience motherhood for myself, and I know it will be a lot easier having two great friends who have already experienced it, but, I still would have loved to join in the unknown journey right along side them. Someday... I will get my wish. I just need to have patience.


No comments:

Post a Comment