Thursday, March 10, 2011

Day 18: If I should die before I wake

If I should die before I wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take...

Simplicity is amazing. This may be one of the simplest prayers that kids and adults know, but have you ever google'd this prayer? Wikipedia comes up with 25 different wordings for this prayer. It was started in the 18th century as a children's prayer... thats 200 years ago! Its incredible to think that parents are still teaching their children this same prayer today. As you become an adult you notice that your prayers become more in depth, more personal, more emotional. This is just one of those building blocks that we base our life upon- prayer.


According to Merriam/Webster, Prayer is  (1) : an address (as a petition) to God or a god in word or thought prayer for the success of the voyage> (2) :a set order of words used in praying.

What is one of your favorite prayers?... Is it routine? or is it Created from day to day? 

<3 Roz 

No comments:

Post a Comment