Thursday, March 31, 2011

Day 21: When I was a kid...

:)

When I saw todays topic... my face immediately brightened. Brad and I were just talking the other day about how the world has changed so much since we were kids.

Brad and I were listening to a song on the radio the other night on our way home from date night, and the song had "Speak and Spell" as part of the song... I don't know how many of you remember the speak and spell toy, but we sure did. We laughed so hard when we talked about stories we had about this toy.I remember my grandma having this toy, and I would sit down with it for hours on end spelling out words and playing with it. When I learned how to read and write I would talk, using the speak and spell. :)


Another thing that I ran across a while back was the Light Bright. Oh man. Tiffany and I were talking about this when she came down for her birthday weekend. I remember all KINDS of paper being wasted thanks to me! :) I'm pretty sure I ingested a few of those colored pegs, as well as loosing a few around the house. My parents would always get mad at me because they'd step on them and the pegs would hurt their feet. =/ sorry!


Another thing that I was just thinking about the other day, from good ole' childhood memories was FURBY!!!! Cassie and I BOTH had furby's. Mom had gotten them from Pamida when she worked there. I remember always having to "feed" Cassie's because she was too young to really understand the point of the toys. I even remember crying when the batteries in mine died, and I thought my Furby had died... Cassie had a Grey and White spotted one, mine was all Black with a white belly and white hair, like the one in the picture here!


One of the things that I ran across on Google while searching for photos of all these awesome childhood toys were the McDonald's Toys. When I was a kid I collected these. I had BOXES and BOXES of toys, still in their wrappers. My daddy always told me that I'd some day be rich from saving all those toys because they'd be antique... I wish I would have known back then it would also take 75 years before they were considered "antiques". =/ thanks dad for the false hopes!


What do you remember from your childhood? I bet some of the toys you can remember will bring back many fun memories! When your all grown up, its wierd how it seems like "just yesterday" that you were playing with these toys, and today, you couldn't even tell where they ended up at.

<3 Roz

No comments:

Post a Comment