Tuesday, May 25, 2010

I Can't Be Tamed...

Anyone heard Miley Cirus's new single hit, "I Can't Be Tamed"?...

Yup, my knew life motto has arrived. As the days go by in my life I find myself figuring out who I am through artists songs. This one is my current motto. :)...

The song talks about a rare breed of a birdish creature, she's caught and caged and displayed for all to see. She's shy, dark, and scared when all of the sudden she jumps out and defends herself.

"They try to change me, but they realize they can't".

Have you ever had people love you for who you are? Yeah, me too. Have you ever had people who want you to be someone your not? Yeah, again, me too. Who HASN'T ever had anyone want them to change? I have had many people who tried changing me into something they want me to be, just so they can be my "friend", my co-worker, my boyfriend, my family.

"And every tomorrow is a day I never planned."

Every have a day planned out and it ALWAYS gets out of wack... Welcome to my life. I've learned to go with the flow and allow the good Lord to lead me through my days. Sure, I plan important things like Weddings, and Meetings, and Celebrations, but I tend to not plan dates, activities, games, or every day activities because I have learned that the important things always find a way to happen, anything that is un-important will happen if its intended to, anything else, forget it. Not worth wasting your worries on.

"I wanna fly, I wanna drive, I wanna go. I wanna be a part-a somethin I don know."

Although I'm settling down, getting married, I'm still a wild bird. I wanna be free. I wanna fly. I wanna drive. I wanna go. I've been a bird in a cage all my life, not stepping outside for myself. Always doing stuff for others, always trying to help others, always trying to please others. Now its me time. ISU, coming up fast, starts August 23rd. ISU is my "part-a somethin I don know" while i'm going to fly, drive, and go there. I'm going to be free, I'm going to get through it. This is my encouragement. The part of the song that helps me realize I'm doing this for ME. Not anyone else, but Me. My future, My Family, My life, My husband. Everything that deals with ME.

"I'm not a trick you play, I'm wired a different way. I'm not a mistake, I'm not a fake, It's set in my DNA."

My life was put here for reason. Although my parents may say I was an "oops" baby, God put me in there lives for a reason. God put me in your life for a reason. We're all here for a reason. I'm not a trick that God played on my parents at a young age.
I am who I am. I'm different and unique. I am wired my own special way compared to everyone else on this earth.
I am real, I am not fake. I am, who I am, not who you want me to be.
I am my mother. I am my father. Combined I am them.

"And if you try to hold me back I might-a drove, but baby by now you should know.... I Can't Be Tamed. I Can't Be Changed."

I love Brad. He is my life. He has seen me change through life, which is normal. College changed me in some way. My life experiences have changed me in some way. I cannot be changed because someone wants me to change, I have to be willing to change, or God has to will my change. I'll admit. I have changed, but in a good way. I have grown up. But, even though this may be true; I cannot be changed. I am still the free spirited, fly-drive-go me. I am free, and I am happy.

Although I am settling down next month with the one I love... I'm still free spirited, free minded, and free willed. If I set my mind to something, It Will Be Done. This song has really encouraged me to pursue my dream. So thats what I'm doing. Because I Can't Be Tamed.


Thx All!

<3 Roslyn

No comments:

Post a Comment