Thursday, May 27, 2010

Weekend Gettaway...

Today my emotions have been unleashed to the excitement of a weekend at "home". Home. Aaah. Although I consider Creston my home right now, and Ames to be me "soon-to-be" home, my Dad's 8 acre farm, will always be HOME to me.

The place I was raised. The place where I cried, I rejoyced, and the 2nd place I love the most in this entire world. Although my Husband-to-be hates, HATES Sioux County, I love the feeling of being in that "know like the back of my hand" country. The place we do directions by landmarks. Where the Floyd river cuts right through the land. Where the dairy cows bellar, and the hogs smell. Home....

There is much in store for me this weekend. My 2ND TO LAST ortho appointment, my little sisters 8th grade graduation, my final dress fitting before the wedding, getting the DJ all booked and paid for the reception, playing with my Baby girl; Shotzie, camping with the daddio, and chillaxin with friends. Nothing better than a weekend gettaway. I mean, don't get me wrong; I love Creston, I love my Job, and of course I Love Brad... but, it will be good to "gettaway" for a few days.

This weekend is one of few that I will travel home alone. Brad will not be able to make it this weekend due to his job. But. I know he will be with me in Heart and I with him. I love him to death, but he just can't make it this weekend. I am ok with that. Usually we go home together, enjoy family time, long driving times, friend time, and personal time. But this weekend will be different. I'll be doing that all alone. With the wedding coming up, and moving, and my moms wedding and everything else that is cramm packed into this summer, a relaxing weekend will be a nice break from the stress my life is filled with at the moment. Its time for me to sit back and relax. Take a "me" weekend. Spend time with My friends, My family, and Myself.

I can guarantee that Brad will totally disagree with this Blog, if he reads it. :) But I'm ok with that! Every one has their differences. I understand that Brad needs his own "me" time. He goes fishing. He goes golfing. Something he enjoys helps him to think. The 4 hr drive HOME and the 4 hr drive back "home" will really help me think, relax, and enjoy my own company.

I'm going to miss Brad this weekend, but I'll be more than glad to get back to Creson on Sunday. I'll be back in my #1 favorite Place, Brad's Arms. <3


Catch ya on the Flip side!
Roz

No comments:

Post a Comment