Monday, May 31, 2010

Oh Happy Day...

Well, after an amazing 4 day weekend up North, at home, I'm all settled back in at my "Home" and not ready to get back to reality. The weekend was a much needed relaxation station :)

It all started out with the 4 hr drive. I had to stop in Anita to pick up some Bull Semen and transport it to a guy up North by us. After picking that up I had a 2 hr drive to Sioux City where I met with my Aunt and went out for Mexican with her. After lunch I had an Ortho appointment. GOOD NEWS!!! Braces come off on the 17th of June! :) 5 days before the Wedding! :) Then I made the 45 minute "Home Stretch" to Orange City. I dropped off the Semen and this guy's house then I was off to my mothers.


My little sister Cassie Graduated from the 8th grade on Friday. I went to my moms house before hand so she could color my hair, and so I could help Cassie get ready for the evening. Mom pipe curled Cassie's hair while I did her make up. She looked gorgeous!

After doing Cassie's hair and make up my mom colored my hair. I was going for the bleach blonde highlights with the dark red lowlights, just something to "spice" up my look a little, and this is what it turned out to be...

SO red, you could see me coming from a mile away. My dad jokes that it looks like I got into a fight with a Magic Marker or a Permanent marker and it won't come out. Well, I am VERY MUCH SO hoping that it fades QUITE A BIT before the Wedding which is just a Mere 22 days away! :)

Well. Moving on. After the hair was colored, I volunteered to take my sister to Graduation. She had to be there early and no one else in my family was ready to go so, of course, Roslyn volunteered. I walked into the church with her and realized, to my disgust, I was at least a foot shorter than over 1/2 of her class. Her class is absolutely HUGE! I felt like a very very VERY short person. Well, the ceremony went great but all Cassie could think about was FOOD and Get Me Out Of This Dress...
(As you can see she wasn't very excited to be taking SO MANY PICTURES!) lol.


 After the Graduation Ceremony I rode with Dad and Sara out to Oak Grove where I stayed the rest of the Weekend. This is a fairly large campground next to the river. This was by far the best part of my weekend. I was able to spend quality time with Dad, Sara, Cassie, and Missy. It was very nice to go on long hikes with Cassie. She was the only one really willing to get out and about. Sara and Dad just wanted to nap in their reclining chairs. lazy bums. At Oak Grove we had campfires, made smores, cooked over the fire, went on long hikes, saw some deer and turkeys, as well as go fishing together. It was a really good, relaxing, calm time out in the wilderness.



My favorite part was the scenery. From the campground you could see the tree's out on the hill to the South while just on the other side of the drive you could go directly into the woods. There were paths all through the park so you could go walking in the middle of the woods, along the river, and out on the plains of grass. It was so calm and peacefull. We got to see 2 doe's while walking through the tree's. The deer were so calm and gracefull when they walked up the hills, I have never been so close to a real deer for such an amount of time. It was amazing to see how calm and peaceful they are in their own environment.

Well, as much as I hate to say this, the weekend had to come to an end. Cassie, Sara, and I all showered last night @ 10:30 pm. This was the last activity we got to do together. ( no we didn't shower together, but we did talk and sing in the showers :)). I got up bright and early at 5:30 this morning to pack everything up. When I went out of the camper, a whole flock of Turkeys just so happened to be walking across the campground. They were so noisy... gobbling and cackling at their little babies. It was adorable. I said my goodbyes to Dad, Sara, and Cassie and was on my way.

I had a wonderful weekend, but it feels amazing to be back home with Brad and Sasha. :) Brad was much missed by his two girls! :)

Thanks for Reading!

<3 Roz.

No comments:

Post a Comment