Monday, May 24, 2010

A Night, Just Right...

Yesterday I got off work at 3 pm. I usually work 3-11, but decided to swtitch it up so Brad and I could have a night together. We don't spend much time together now that the summer has started; He's working full time, I'm working practically full time. There's just not that much time to spend when he works 6 am - 4 pm and I'm working 3 pm - 11 pm. I get off work, he's already sleeping. He gets off work, I'm already at work.

We decided to hit it up in Des Moines last night. We first decided to hit up the mall. Jordan Creek Mall. My favorite place in Des Moines! :) But, it was already 5:00 when we got there so, everything was closing at 6:00. Scheels it was. :) Without even bothering with the 80 other stores in that mall, our feet led us directly there. :) Brad and I tend to spend most of our mall time in Scheels. This time I had a purpose!

My little sister Cassie graduates on Friday... so I had to find something for her! Well, my "nose" led me right to the spot... but of course I'm not going to tell you what it is... because she reads my blog :p...

Well after finding Cassie's gift. Brad and I HAD to stop at the fudge shop in Scheel's. Yes, FUDGE! ... they have ALL kinds of fudge. Pink fudge to Butterfinger Fudge to Walnut Fudge to regular Fudge. But, that isn't our favorite part... the Taffy is! ... num num. Well, needless to say Brad and I bought 4 pounds of taffy. Hopefully that will hold us over for a while! :) hehe. Well, they have even more types of taffy than they do fudge. Licorice, Strawberry, Orange, Grape, Cherry, Apple, Pear, Caramel Apple Sucker, Caramel Fudge, Tropical Fruit, Bubble Gum, Banana, Strawberry Banana, Cookie Dough, Watermelon, Red Licorice, Vanilla, Maple Syrup, Chocolate, and a few more, but I don't like them :) lol.

After purchasing our stuff from Scheel's, we went to the food court... of course by now it was 6:15 and EVERYTHING was CLOSED! So, Brad and I had 45 minutes until our movie started, and not a clue where any fast food was in this city! lol. So we drove aimlessly around for 20 minutes before finding a Mc Donalds... Attached to a Kum n Go... yeah... "Real Romantic" I told him. He just laughed. He stated "Its better than nothing, and its going to have to do because we're due back for our movie in just a little bit."

After getting our supper, we rushed back to the Theatre in Jordan Creek. 6:55 rolled around and we got our tickets to see "The Backup Plan". The movie started at 7:10. I laughed the whole movie through, even Brad throught it was a great movie. 8:45 came and the movie was over, we walked out together laughing and giggling. "Flirting" the the max, although Brad swears that he doesn't flirt with me. He he, he does. A 1 hr drive home really helped us talk, and enjoy some time with eachother. We talked about the movie, and about moving to Ames in just 1 month, the wedding, and everything that is happening this summer!

If any of you ever want a good idea for a future date, I suggest "The Backup Plan". This movie is all about relationships and keeping them together, through all of life's struggles. IT was a really good movie for Brad and I to see, a mere 30 days before the wedding. :)

Thanks.
Roslyn

(sorry, this one had a terrible ending) lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment