Thursday, February 21, 2013

SOLD!!!

This past week has been a week of "rollercoastering" emotions.

It has been amazing to have my Hubby home with me these past 4 days straight. The circumstances on why he is home, not the greatest, but at least we have gotten some quality time together.

Last Saturday we had a couple come and look at the house. They really liked the place and wanted to sleep on the decision for a few days.

Sunday I set off to Des Moines to go visit Brad at the Iowa Beef Expo. I took my side-kick Shepp along with me for the ride. I thought it would be good for her to get out and about. Maddie ended up staying home... she wouldn't have enjoyed the activities for the day. Shepp loved it. We started off at the Expo, Shepp played with Brad and the guys for a bit and then we hit the road to Montour, Iowa.

My "One year younger twin", Laura, had invited me to go shed hunting with her and a few other friends. Of course I jumped on the opportunity to go spend some quality time with her since I haven't seen a lot of her since leaving Ames. Shepp was along with me, but we left her tied up outside at Laura's house while we wend shed hunting at the river. It was a good thing we left Shepp that time too. So many thorn bushes and weeds. She would have been tangled in everything!! When we went back to Laura's house we went hunting back in the tree's behind their house, Shepp enjoyed a nice little Ranger ride out to the trees, and even got to help mama shed hunt for a few hours before dark. :) Shepp loved EVERY moment of it! 

At the river... we saw 2 opossums... one played dead while the other one skidaddled up a tree in a very fast manner! 

Shepp and our FIRST shed ever! Nice 4 pointer! Pretty chewed up though! 

Both of my first sheds. 4 Pointer on the left, 5 Pointer on the right. The Right one still had blood on the root of it when I picked it up! 

The crew's finds for the day. The two on the bottom were a pair, the one was really chewed up though. 


Brad and I started pulling insulation off of the under-belly of the house first thing Monday morning. Talk about a miserable job. We got about 3/4 of the old insulation pulled off. We ran to Lowe's Monday afternoon to pick up Blue-Board insulation, and that was what we replaced the old insulation with.

Tuesday morning, Maddie decided that Brad wasn't allowed to get up off the bed. She was too busy cuddling with him to allow that. What a stinker.




Tuesday was once again spent under the house. We started putting the blue-board insulation up onto the belly of the trailer, and we ripped out the rest of the old insulation that was still in. The plumber also came for the afternoon to fix a few more leaky spots in the water pipes, and we declared him done at 7:30 PM. Tuesday night the couple that had looked at the place came to sign a contract and to purchase the house. They made a non-refundable down-payment, and will be purchasing the trailer within the next month, as soon as their house loan goes through. So: the trailer is SOLD! :) As of March, we are no longer trailer house owners! :) 

Yesterday was spent under the house once again. We FINISHED putting up the new insulation, and I got to experience the wonders of expanda-foam. I had it in my hair, on my hands, on my face, my coat and snow-pants are COVERED in it... On the bright side, we know the trailer is sealed up tight! 

So: Then we come to today... SNOW DAY... ... We were figuring it on snowing last night, so we hurried butt to get the trailer work done yesterday, so we were planning on just sitting in the house today. Brad was hoping to work on his truck, but not if it is going to SNOW! :( It would be nice to have the truck fixed and have two vehicles again. We will see. 

All that is left to do here at the house is fix a few minor things and we are done! It was nice that Brad got the week off to help me get this place in selling condition. (Thanks Babe!) 

I suppose... it's time to go figure something out for lunch! 



No comments:

Post a Comment