Tuesday, February 5, 2013

What Would Be 34 Weeks...

Well.

Five long AND short weeks have past since the events that occurred. I'm still deleting emails from maternity websites that send you "updates" on where your pregnancy is at, realizing today would be our 34th week. Mike and Tiffany's little girl Allison has been welcomed to the world and is a great addition to their family. Matt and Nikita are expecting their bundle of pink within the next couple weeks as well. Brad and I are hoping to make a trip out to Rapid City after baby "grey", as they refer to her as, makes her appearance.

34 Weeks.

I couldn't imagine the agony I would be in right now. I already felt big before delivering Paige 5 weeks ago, I couldn't imagine what I would feel and look like now. I'm sure I would be bedridden with back pain, swollen ankles, and a lot of anxiety about the road I was getting close to traveling down. I just can't believe I would be 34 weeks today. These past few weeks have drug slowly on by, but yet seems to be over in the blink of an eye. I can't believe yesterday was 5 weeks since Paige was born.

I still miss her a lot, but I'm getting a lot better at accepting different things that I know I won't experience with her. I just find peace in knowing that some day I will once hold her in my arms again. Someday our family will be all re-united once more.

On a bright note, I was offered a temporary job position today. This could turn into a long term job also, depending on the news from the other place that I applied at.

Yesterday I went and interviewed with Boehringer- Ingelheim Vetmedica in Sioux Center. I thought that the interview went well and I am really looking forward to hearing back from them. They actually interviewed me before they even opened the job up for applications, so I'm not sure if that's a good sign or what??? :s But that job will be available at the end of the month, so I knew it would be a few more weeks before hearing back from them. I also had an interview with AMVC working in one of their farrowing houses. This is the temp job that I am going to be starting soon, hopefully. They had to get a for-sure "ok" from the main office for me to work for the time being, even if it is just a few weeks, until I get a yes/no from BI. The farm manager was very understanding about me taking the BI job if I'm offered it.  I worked with AMVC over the summer as an intern and I really enjoyed it. I look forward to spending some time back there again with some pigs and people. It's not my dream job, but it's a job for now. I'm really just waiting to hear back from BI about that position.

I know many of you are curious then, about how that would work with me working in Sioux Center and Brad having a job in Anita. Brad and I have both decided that IF I am offered the job in SC then  I will take it and the two of us will be moving back up to NW Iowa. It might not be Sioux County, but it will be close enough that I don't have to commute too far each day (Le Mars, Rock Valley, Sheldon, who knows). So, if anyone knows of any decent houses that are rent-to-own or for sale in the area, let us know! :)

If I end up not getting the job at BI then I will continue looking for something that my degree can assist me with. I will continue working at AMVC in the farrowing facility until I find another job that is really within my interest. Brad will then continue working in Anita at Trausch until something else in my career path pops up.

We're just riding the highway that God has laid out for us, enjoying the view as we go.

Roz

No comments:

Post a Comment