Saturday, February 2, 2013

Lessons in Disguise

Thursday afternoon I made the journey back North again to the County of Sioux. Brad was leaving for a cattle show for the weekend, I had nothing to do all weekend, so I figured "Why not?" Even with the cold, or whatever this crud is, that I have I ventured the 3 hour journey North in a vehicle half running.

I found out Thursday morning that my Escape had water in the fuel lines, which had frozen up in the -20 degree temperature outside. The best way to get it to run right again was to put some fuel additive in and run the tank empty... what better way to do that than a 3 hour road trip!?!? :)

Thursday night my father and I rode into Hospers for Mexican at "Boxcars", the bar. Had a few drinks, laughed some laughts, and told stories. Yesterday morning my mom colored my hair, as I was looking to do something new. I now have brown, red, and bleach blonde hair... but it's not as dramatic as it sounds. :) I actually really like it. Last night I went to the Unity Christian High School homecoming basketball game with my dad and my sisters. It was a good time to be back in the old halls of UCHS and to revisit many memories that were made throughout the halls and rooms. Cassie and Sara both laughed at some of the stories I was telling them. Oh well, so my high school memories are different than theirs! So what. After the basketball game the girls didn't feel like attending the homecoming dance so we went to the theatre and hit up the movie "Parental Guidance." .... TOTALLY worth seeing. It had a very good family based story with some very clean humor. Even though dad kept falling asleep (I guess 9:30 is past his bedtime) we all had quite the laughter coming from our bellies.

Today I went out for "coffee" with an old high school friend and again, we had a nice 1.5 hour chat about high school, work, and general life stories. It was a good time to catch up and be able to relax and share good times with each other.

My sisters and I ran to the library this afternoon to pick up some movies to watch tonight. We got the movie "Lion King 2." I don't recall seeing this movie before so I was okie dokie about it. While watching the movie a song called "We Are One" was playing as part of the movie and as I listened to the song, I realized what it was really saying...


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hk1lLtzTdIA


Colors:
  • Simba
  • Kiara

As you go through life you'll see
There is so much that we
Don't understand

And the only thing we know
Is things don't always go
The way we planned

But you'll see every day
That we'll never turn away
When it seems all your dreams come undone

We will stand by your side
Filled with hope and filled with pride
We are more than we are
We are one

If there's so much I must be
Can I still just be me
The way I am?

Can I trust in my own heart
Or am I just one part
Of some big plan?

Even those who are gone
Are with us as we go on
Your journey has only begun

Tears of pain, tears of joy
One thing nothing can destroy
Is our pride, deep inside
We are one

We are one, you and I
We are like the earth and sky
One family under the sun

All the wisdom to lead
All the courage that you need
You will find when you see
We are one



When I got to thinking I realized that a simple children's movie had me amazed at the lessons that were hidden within it. I am almost excited to go out and rend a ton of Disney movies and watch them just to see the things that I never realized as a kid. The lessons hidden within the movies amaze me. I am excited to watch more kids movies so I can learn, as a 22 year old, the lessons of life.



No comments:

Post a Comment