Tuesday, November 6, 2012

21 Weeks and Counting

Whew... As the election is winding down today... so. am. i.

One thing I've been noticing lately is how TIRED I am after everything I do. My feet are officially swelling when I stand too long, and they hurt. The one side effect that I am majorly not enjoying is that. I'm still having difficulties sleeping, but now it's starting to change to the issue of soccer games and the Olympic gymnastic growing inside of my abdomen. Every morning about 3AM I am woken up by sporadic kicks that last about a half hour, and then back to sleep we go. This happens a few times throughout the night, but on the bright side it only lasts about 20 minutes and then it's nap time again... just getting prepped for baby Punt's arrival.

This whole secret thing about the gender is KILLING ME! UGH! I only have until Sunday! EVERYONE at school keeps going how is he/she?! and I want to scream she/he is great, growing like a week, and kicking like a mule.... but I have to say it's instead of a gender... it's pretty hard to keep a secret going! We are both super excited to go home on Sunday to tell our families the gender of the little one. I'm so looking forward to Sunday when I can start telling people to buy cute little boy/girl clothes! And I'm excited to go shopping myself! :)

19 weeks (give or take) and Baby Punt will make its grand arrival. I can't wait for the day, but at the same time I'm still enjoying the whole pregnancy thing. But, I'll take whatever I get!

Brad and I are enjoying our private little jokes about our little one. It's nice to have at least one person to discuss future events with! Brad is really starting to come around on the whole pregnancy thing. He was SO iffy about being a dad at first... but the nickname "daddy" has really started to grow on him. I think he's actually starting to feel comfortable with being a dad. He always said "I'm never having kids...." but I guess he was wrong! I keep talking about having another one down the road (like 5 years...... lol) and he just says "Nope! One is one too many..." but I think he will change his mind! He acts all tough guy, but I know that this little one will make him a big old teddy bear. :) He was so goofy when we found out the sex. I know he is definitely looking forward to this adventure, even though it was pretty "iffy" at the beginning. The first thing he does when he comes home or I go to see him is he kisses my belly and says "hello babes." It makes me chuckle. He's such a softy...

It's super encouraging for me to have someone who is willing to work through their own difficulties to make things easier on me. He has been super encouraging to me with being so busy with school, work, and growing a miniature human. He has been working his tail off to make up for the hours that I am lacking at work, and he is really making it easier on me. It's nice to have such a hard working supporter. We try to see each other every weekend, if not throughout the week. Some weekends I go down to Anita, some weekends he comes to Ames. It usually depends on our schedules, especially with school for me. It will be nice to have him home for a few days next week since he has 2 days off!

Well. 21 weeks down, many more to go! We look forward to sharing the gender with you all next time! Keep reading these posts for updated info! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment