Friday, November 16, 2012

Christmas Card!

Family Moments Holiday
holiday party invitations and thank you cards by Shutterfly.
View the entire collection of cards.


Hello Everyone!

The year once again is coming to an end. I told myself I would start this letter a lot earlier than today, but at least I’m getting it done!
Brad is still currently working at Trausch Farms in Anita, IA. He’s been here for two and a half years now and seems to be enjoying it. He gets along really well with his co-workers and has made a lot of good friends through the company. I also think he enjoys it because he gets to travel, which gives him an excuse to not be home all the time! He also really likes working with the cattle they have, and being able to attend shows around the country. He’s got his job and hobby all fit into one category here, which helps him have the motivation to go to work every day!

I am still at Iowa State University… but soon to be a GRADUATE. December 15th I am done at ISU and will have achieved my Bachelors degree in Animal Science. I am really looking forward to being done with school. I may not be ready to take over that “grown up role” of working 5 days a week, but it can’t be any worse than being a full time student 7 days a week! I am still working in the meat research lab with two of the professors here at ISU along with graduate student. I am still working at the Doggie Dude Ranch also as a part time assistant to the Vet that owns the place.  I am still working on the post-graduation job search. I have had a lot of potential interviews and am still in the process of deciding what direction I want to go. I am staying within the swine field, but I’m not sure whether that entails breeding/farrowing, finishing, or nutrition. We will see! Baby Punt throws a curve in the road as I will only be out of school for approximately 12 weeks before my due date.

So… onto Baby Punt! Well. Baby Punt is a blessing that was thrown into Brad and I’s lives in June and is expected to arrive around March 19, 2013. Although this baby was a pretty big surprise, we are excited none the less. We are thrilled to become parents, but, as most can guess, we also have the “first time parents” syndrome. I haven’t been able to start my “nesting” phase yet, even though the pressure is definitely there. Brad and I are still waiting on the job decision to be made for me so that we can figure out the housing situation. After that is all finalized I can start my nesting phase!  

Maddie and Shepp are both still a huge part of our lives. We consider them our “fur babies.” Shepp is a total spaz but is the perfect dog for Brad. Maddie, who is considered “my” dog is a total princess and mama’s girl. She follows me around like she’s attached to my hip. These two both keep us on our toes, but they are entertaining all the same. We also welcomed 4 turtles, Bonnie, Clyde, Scotch, and Tiny G into the house this past year. They have become somewhat of a “hobby” of mine. We also now own two grey tree frogs, which we just recently found out are a male and a female and get along VERY well…… if you know what I mean. Our house will be overflowing come March!

If you would like to be kept up to date with us, more than the annual Holiday Letter feel free to visit The Punt’s Blog at http://punt2010.blogspot.com/  I try to update fairly often, especially since we don’t make it home very often to keep everyone informed of what is going on in our lives. We hope everything is well with your families and that you all are enjoying the Holiday Season!

Happy Holidays!
Brad, Roslyn, and Baby Punt




No comments:

Post a Comment