Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Big Shoes to Fill ...

Today started as any normal, typical, un-eventful day.

Woke up, did some laundry, did some dishes, and cleaned
around the house for a while... Nothing too un-ordinary.
I began the packing for tomorrow's trip home, and thoroughly
enjoyed some time with the poochy (dog) outside. I could have gone
without having to deal with the landlord, and handing him a check
that was... well... not easy to depart with. I hate paying rent.

Around 1:30 I got ready for work, took the dog outside, and packed
up the jeep with everything that I managed to get packed this morning.

2:30 comes around and I was ready for work, so I headed out. I knew
I would be a little early, but I'm pretty much always early. Stoped at
Kum-N-Go on the way, picked up a Mt. Dew slushy :) (Slurp) :)
and was on my way.

Needless to say, my boss was more than excited to send me on my way,
just as soon as I arrived, to the Vet to pick up the pet cat, so I more
than willingly did. Everyone around work was hustling and bustling,
and everyone seemed so... secretive... which is not usual. Normally,
I get there and everyone is ready to head home and are all excited to
be leaving. Not today. We had staff meeting that started at 3, but I
had to go pick up the cat, so I was going to be a bit late, which my
 boss seemed more than fine with.

When I returned to work, with a freaked out cat might I add, I just head
on down to the meeting. Well, ends up, they planned me a suprise
party for the wedding. :). As much as I don't want to admitt this, I knew
something was up, but I was oblivious to the suprise party being planned
behind my back all these weeks that I have spent endless hours working
there.

To my suprise, not only was this a party for me, but the humor of the day
was the 1 1/2 foot long penis made out of cheese dip sitting smack dab
right in front of my face on the table! I'll admitt... My face turned RED!
Like, not even a little bit! I was embarassed enough about the awesome
job they did about planning this party, then they throw this huge penis in
my face! I just died laughing....



As you can see behind me, my boss is just cracking up in laughter.
It's just one of those embarassing moments that even you can't
help but laugh histerically at the situation... Needless to say, the
rest of the party went great! The joke of the day was that Brad has
"Big Shoes To Fill". The lady that made the cheese dip penis
stated "He'll never measure up", and other funny jokes like that
were cracked.There was alot of "Penis" talk after
that silly thing they did for me, but the party was fun! We had
Ice Cream Cake, Cheese, Salami, and Crackers, and all kinds
of goodies to eat!




Needless to say, the Party had to end eventually, and onto the
seriousness of a staff meeting. But, that not all folks! At the end
of the staff meeting, the embarassment wasn't over yet! I absolutely
knew the Nurse at my work would have SOMETHING up her sleve!
She's just that kinda person. And she told me I HAD to open her gift
before everyone left.... So I did! And THIS is what I ended up with!



Like I said, the embarassment wasn't done yet! Well, I'll admit,
I was embarassed, but this might just come in handy in the months
to come. I mean come-on! I'm going to be a Newly-Wed! :)

Thanks for Reading
<3 Roz

2 comments:

  1. And, I'm just curious how Brad liked your gifts - hehehehe! So glad it was a good day for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's almost your big day!! I need your email address so I can invite you to read my blog. I made it private and need to put your email in with access. You can email it to me at mcfaber@mail.fresnostate.edu. I deleted my FB too. I'm cleaning house in the internet world :)

    ReplyDelete