Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Monday, June 21st 2010





Set Up Day... Ugh.

Most Brides would say they were
          1. stressed out.
          2. wanted everything perfect.
          3. crabby and annoyed
...
I'd have to say that I wasn't really any of these.
I was a little annoyed with people shouting my name
every 10 seconds about something... but other than that
I just wanted Tuesday to be here.
We started set up @ 8:00 AM. Raining... go figure...
Whats new right? ... ugh.

Well. We started out with the Tables.... Cathy ironed
all 50 of my hankerchiefs to relieve the creases...
After that Brad and Bill put the table cloths onto the tables
while I straightened them out because the men didn't get how to put
them all on the same way.

The place still looked pretty bare, but was definately off to
a good start for the reception.

After some conversation with parents, Brad and I decided
to move the ceremony into the Hospers Hall, the same place
as the Reception. The News said it was supposed to Rain on Tuesday,
and I just wasn't willing to take the chance of getting rained out.

After a few more hours of decoration, cleaning, and tidying up, the place
started to come alive...

The Beginning of the Head Table...

The Fishished Punch Table...


The Finished Center Pieces...

The Guest Book/Gift Table

The Finished Head Table! :)

Some Decorations on the Head Table

Again...
... After we had spent a good 7 hours decorating the place,
I finally felt like everything was in place. No, I didn't care
if something wasn't perfect, I was happy with all the help
that I got setting up. Everyone was so nice and helpful.

6:00 PM... Rehearsal.

y-a-y!... Time to deal with the over-emotional grandparents
and parents... crabby siblings... and hungry groomsmen.
Over all, rehearsal went really well. It only took us
about 45 minutes to get everything down pat.



After rehearsal was done, we all headed over to the park for supper.
Bill and some Uncles of Brad's grilled burgers and hot dogs
for everyone and we had an amazing taco salad and potatoe salad.


The Meal was great... but what was even better was the friendship
and laughter that was shared in those short few hours together.

Yummy Burgers!

We Played on the Slides...

The Groomsmen/Groom played on the Bird House...

And then Gave up because...
"I don't remember this thing being so small and slippery"
hehehe. men.

Overall, Monday was a great day, but Brad and I
were more than excited for Tuesday to be here. We
both had been waiting for 15 months for that day, and
we were more than ready to be hitched.

<3 Roz

No comments:

Post a Comment